I’m Emma - I’m not a novelist, but I am a creative here at Rapport (who kindly let me be queen of the questions for 2 months on placement, please forgive me).
I’d just finished a degree in holds breath Fashion Brand Promotion with Photography at the University of Central Lancashire exhales and within 3 days I had my first day working alongside an extremely talented creative team. Two months later, it’s come to an end and now I’m really sad. What did I get out of this experience?
3 things I’ve learned:
- That absolutely no idea is a bad idea, not matter how silly.
- What on earth is an experiential activation? What do People Activation do? They inspire positive change in people AND realise their full potential, that’s what.
- Thinking outside of the box can really help get you that winning idea.
3 things I’ve loved:
- Jumping out of bed knowing every single day would be completely different.
- Contributing to creative ideas and solutions while still thinking on the spot, you’re always thinking on your feet!
- Inspiration Fridays. Each month the team get together for group incentives, the most current being a task set by a brilliant photographer Rob Watson to explore street photography. As a photographer myself, it was a reminder of what really inspires me to be a creative thinker.
3 things I’d tell myself if I was to do it again:
- Don’t think so far ahead when thinking of a creative solution, the path on the way to the final stage is always the most important part/
- Remember to breathe, you’re still learning to cross the road.
- Invest in comfortable footwear for the daily commute, ouch!
Rapport has given me my first taste of Creative Direction - something I thought I would never do a few years ago. So a huge THANK YOU to the whole team for letting me get involved and be a part of your team!
Best of luck all events and creative grads past, present and future.